- Escambia County Bank will never send you an email or text message asking for your personal information. If you receive an email or text message asking you to provide personal and/or sensitive information, do not click on any link and do not send the information.
- Do not provide your financial information such as checking account numbers, debit/credit card numbers, or Social Security Number unless you definitely know the person or institution.
- Report lost or stolen checks or debit/credit cards immediately to your financial institution.
- Notify your financial institution if you receive suspicious phone inquiries regarding attempts to gain your financial information.
- Do not share your debit card PIN with anyone and do not write the PIN on the card.
- Check your bank statements regularly and please contact the Bank immediately if there is any suspicious activity.
- Shred financial documents such as bank statements prior to disposing of them.
- Check your credit report annually to make sure the information is correct.
Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions (FACT) Act
The FACT Act has provisions designed to improve the accuracy of consumers' credit-related records. It gives consumers the right to one free credit report a year from the credit reporting agencies. The FACT Act also adds provisions designed to prevent and mitigate identity theft, including a section that enables consumers to place fraud alerts in their credit files.
How to obtain a free credit report:
If you are a victim of identity theft, you must act quickly and assertively to minimize the damage. Provided below are resources you can use in the event you are a victim of identity theft.
Credit Bureaus: Immediately contact the fraud centers of the three credit bureau reporting agencies.
P. O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
To Report Fraud: (800) 525-6285
To Order a Credit Report: (800) 685-1111
P. O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013
To Report Fraud: (888) 397-3742
To Order a Credit Report: (888) 397-3742
Fraud Victim Assistance Department.
P. O. Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92834
To Report Fraud: (800) 680-7289
To Order a Credit Report: (800) 888-4213
Helpful Identity Theft Resources
Federal Trade Commission: www.identitytheft.gov
Social Security Administration (800) 269-0271: https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10064.pdf
FBI Internet Fraud Complaint Center: www.ic3.gov
U.S. Department of Justice: www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fraud/websites/idtheft.html